Padres manager BBud Black

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 11.10.2019 02:45

CLEVELAND -- Justin Masterson found the strike zone after a rocky start and pitched seven scoreless innings as the Cleveland Indians ended Bostons seven-game winning streak, beating the Red Sox 3-2 Monday night. Masterson (3-4) walked four in the first three innings, but settled in and won for the first time in five starts. He allowed just three singles, struck out a season-high 10 and retired 12 of his last 13 batters. Lonnie Chisenhall hit a two-run single in the first off John Lackey (6-4) as the Indians won their fourth straight. Xander Bogaerts hit a two-run homer in the Boston eighth off Bryan Shaw to make it 3-2. Indians left-hander Marc Rzepczynski retired David Ortiz for the final out in the eighth, and Cody Allen worked the ninth for his fourth save. Red Sox shortstop Stephen Drew went 0 for 2 with a walk in his season debut. He re-signed with Boston as a free agent last month. Boston outfielder Grady Sizemore was hitless in four at-bats -- he popped up for the final out -- in his return to Cleveland. Sizemore was a three-time All-Star in nearly eight seasons for the Indians. Cleveland improved to an AL-best 19-11 at home. Masterson was two different pitchers against the Red Sox. His wildness had him flirting with danger in the first and third innings, but he managed to pitch around trouble both times. Masterson needed 61 pitches to get the first nine outs, but he struck out the side in the fourth on just nine pitches. Masterson retired eight in a row before Ortiz singled through Clevelands shift in the sixth. Masterson induced A.J. Pierzynski to hit an inning-ending double play for the second time. Its been that kind of season for Masterson, who has struggled with his control and has not pitched like the All-Star ace the Indians are counting on. Unable to do anything against Masterson, the Red Sox finally got on the board in the eighth when Brock Holt singled with one out and Bogaerts followed with his fourth homer, a shot into the seats in right-centre. Chisenhalls two-out single gave the Indians an early lead. He has eight RBIs during Clevelands winning streak. With runners at second and third, Chisenhall took Lackeys pitch the opposite way, dropping his single just inside the left-field line. The Indians went up 3-0 in the third when Michael Bourn led off with his fifth triple and scored on Asdrubal Cabreras single. Masterson managed to work in and out of a mess he created for himself in the first. The right-hander gave up a single and two walks before striking out Jonny Gomes, who took exception with plate umpire Phil Cuzzis called third strike on a low fastball. In the third, Masterson gave up a one-out single to Dustin Pedroia and walked Ortiz on four pitches before he got Pierzynski to hit into a double play. NOTES: Indians C Carlos Santana, on the seven-day concussion list, took groundballs as he continues working toward a return to the lineup. Manager Terry Francona said Santana, who has been in a hitting slump all season, could be cleared and back on Friday, when the Indians open a series in Texas. ... Red Sox RHP Clay Buchholz (sprained left knee) is with the team and threw a bullpen session. He will throw another Wednesday before a simulated game on Saturday. ... With Bostons roster loaded with left-handed hitters, the Indians recalled reliever Nick Hagadone from Columbus. Cleveland entered the series with three lefties: Hagadone, Rzepczynski and Josh Outman. Custom Detroit Pistons Jerseys . -- Tiago Splitter tipped in a rebound with 2. Reggie Bullock Pistons Jersey . -- Canadas Nicole Vandermade won the Four Winds Invitational on Sunday for her first Symetra Tour title, closing with a 4-under 68 for a one-stroke victory. https://www.pistonsrookiesshop.com/Allen...Edition-Jersey/. Cavaliers shooting guard Craig Ehlo makes a solid play on the ball, but still Jordan hits the amazing shot. Isiah Thomas Pistons Jersey .Kraft says Goodell realized before seeing a video showing Baltimore running back Ray Rice striking his then fiance that domestic violence was very serious for society in general. Jerry Stackhouse Pistons Jersey .Y. - Geno Smith still thinks of himself as the New York Jets starting quarterback.PHOENIX -- Brandon McCarthy chalked up his recent struggles to mechanical flaws. After earning only two wins with the Arizona Diamondbacks this season, McCarthy consulted video and worked with pitching coach Charles Nagy. The result was one of his best outings of the season. McCarthy turned in seven strong innings, and Paul Goldschmidt drove in two runs to lead the Arizona Diamondbacks to a 6-1 victory over the San Diego Padres on Monday night. After a shaky first inning, the 6-foot-7 McCarthy (3-8) allowed only four runners over his final six innings. It was his first win since he beat San Diego on May 28. His other victory was a shutout at Miami on May 18. "I felt I carried my weight, and nice to see a positive result," McCarthy said. "I never felt that strong this season and went back to watch video from before I went on the disabled list last season. I saw some mechanical issues, made a few adjustments, and am satisfied with the results." McCarthy lasted only into the third inning in his previous start, a 10-7 loss to the Reds. He allowed seven runs and eight hits in 2 1-3 innings. Goldschmidt stretched his NL-leading RBI total to 103 with his first triple of the season and a ground out. He has the most RBIs for an Arizona hitter since Luis Gonzalez drove in 104 in 2003. After Will Venable and Alexi Amarista opened the game with singles, Yonder Alonso hit a grounder wide of first. Goldschmidt fielded the ball and threw to second to force Amarista, but shortstop Didi Gregorius throw to first was wide and beyond McCarthy, who was covering the bag. Venable scored the unearned run. But that was all the Padres would get against McCarthy and Eury De La Rosa, who pitched a perfect final two innings. "The story was we couldnt get any runs," Padres manager BBud Black said.dddddddddddd "I thought (starter Tyson Ross) was fine." Between the first inning and when he left the game, McCarthy allowed a one-out single in the third to Venable, a two-out single in the fourth to Chase Headley and a two-out single to Ross (3-7) in the fifth. He hit Jedd Gyroko with a pitch with two out in the sixth. "I didnt think I threw all that bad in the first inning," McCarthy said. "I just followed (catcher) Miguel Monteros lead and didnt shake him off one time." Though his pitch count was 58 through four innings, McCarthy was more efficient in the later innings. He threw 93 pitches in seven innings. Adam Eaton was hit by a pitch to open the fourth, and Goldschmidt hit a twisting drive into the right field corner that hit off the fence. Martin Prado then followed with a sacrifice fly to give Arizona a 2-1 lead. Prados grounder to third with the bases loaded in the sixth was booted by Headley. Two more runs scored to make it 4-1. Prado has hit in 11 of his last 12 games for a .361 average, and has driven in 19 runs in that stretch. "Im taking advantage of the situation," he said. "I had a difficult course over the first few months and its good to get going this way." In the seventh, Goldschmidt grounded into a force play with the bases loaded, scoring Aaron Hill. NOTES: Former Arizona right-hander Ian Kennedy faces his former teammates for the first time Tuesday night. In his four starts with San Diego, Kennedy is 2-1 with a 3.20 ERA. The Arizona starter is undecided. ... The Padres had won five of their past six games at Arizona. . Padres CF Reymond Fuentes made his major league debut and went 0-for-3 with a strikeout. ... The crowd of 16,871 was the Diamondbacks smallest at home this season. ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713

Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers,
Morgenstern crashed while training

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen