Bryan Moore had a goal and an assist

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 24.09.2019 05:41

VANCOUVER -- Camilo Sanvezzo made sure Young-Pyo Lee entered retirement on a winning note. The flashy Brazilian buried his 20th, 21st and 22nd goals of the season Sunday to finish as the top scorer in Major League Soccer as the Vancouver Whitecaps ended 2013 on a high note by defeating the Colorado Rapids 3-0. Sanvezzo scored in the 43rd, 74th and 85th minutes to clinch the Golden Boot in what was the 36-year-old Lees final game as a professional after Colorado eliminated Vancouver from playoff contention last weekend. "Im very proud. Tonight the players helped me a lot (and) gave me lots of chances," said Camilo. "For sure (I could have) scored five goals." Sanvezzo stepped up to the penalty spot in the 43rd minute after Kekuta Manneh was brought down in the area and blasted a shot past Colorado goalkeeper Clint Irwin. After the goal, Sanvezzo presented the ball to Lee, who participated in three World Cups and had a long club career in Asia and Europe before joining the Whitecaps in 2011. "I retired from soccer tonight, but Im feeling so happy (at) this moment because it is exactly what I wanted," said Lee. "I will never forget the last two years in Vancouver." Whitecaps head coach Martin Rennie said Lee brought nothing but class during his time with the club. "Hes an incredible person, an incredible character," said Rennie. "At no point in time has he ever thought of himself as too big for anything or too good for anybody and its just amazing that someone thats achieved as much as he has is as humble as he is." After missing a couple of other chances, Sanvezzo danced around a Rapids defender in the 74th minute to tie Mike Magee of the Chicago Fire for the MLS lead in goals with 21. That strike gave Sanvezzo the leagues Golden Boot award because he has more assists than Magee. But not wanting to leave any doubt, the 25-year-old completed the hat trick in the 85th minute after taking a through ball and one-touching a shot past a helpless Irwin to send the crowd of 21,000 at B.C. Place Stadium into a frenzy. Sanvezzo, who took off his jersey to celebrate, almost had his third just moments earlier, but saw his effort cleared off the line. "Throughout a long season it takes a consistent goal scorer to win the Golden Boot," said Vancouver captain Jay DeMerit. "These things are not by fluke. "It shows the qualities that Camilo has and brings to our team." The Whitecaps (13-12-9) saw their post-season hopes crushed eight days earlier when the Rapids (14-11-9), who wound up with the final Western Conference playoff spot, defeated Vancouver 3-2 in Commerce City, Colo. Leading 1-0 after half-time on Sunday, Sanvezzo had a chance to double Vancouvers lead in the 48th minute, but his free kick from the left sailed harmlessly over the net. Vancouver defender Sam Adekugbe made the first professional start of his career and saved a goal three minutes later by clearing the ball away from Edson Buddle after a stop by Whitecaps goalkeeper David Ousted. "It was really exciting. Once I got a few touches on the ball I just felt confident. I was able to do some of the stuff I do best," said the 18-year-old Adekugbe. "Definitely a great experience." After Sanvezzo scored his second and third goals of the night to put the game out of reach, Lee was substituted in stoppage time to a rousing ovation from both fans and players. "Everything he does, he does with class, and that filters down through the team and through this organization and we were very lucky to have him," said DeMerit. "I think it was important for us to send him off on the right note because he deserves it." Added Sanvezzo: "Hes not just a good player. Hes a good person." Sanvezzo was pretty good himself on this night A man possessed all game, his first chance came in the 11th minute when he forced Irwin into a diving save. The Colorado goalkeeper then made another stop three minutes later when Vancouver defender Brad Rusin got his head to Sanvezzos corner. The Rapids best chance of the first half came in the 30th minute when Gabriel Torres, who scored twice against the Whitecaps last weekend, fired a shot that Ousted pushed to his right. The ball fell into the path of an onrushing Colorado player, but Rusin and Ousted combined to keep it out. Sanvezzo scuffed a shot in the 37th minute, but wouldnt be denied on his penalty kick six minutes later that got the ball rolling for Vancouver. "As a team, we came into tonight making sure that this is what we wanted to happen," said DeMerit. "There was an effort behind that. "There was a lot of emotion on a lot of different occasions tonight." Notes: Prior to the games, the Whitecaps held a video tribute for Lee and also unfurled a South Korean flag in the crowd. Lee, who is expected to join the Whitecaps front office, had his name chanted by the crowd throughout the game. ... Last season, the Whitecaps became the first Canadian team to make the MLS playoffs. Tom Kelly Twins Jersey .Y. - Geno Smith shouted a couple of mighty expensive expletives. Brusdar Graterol Jersey .C. -- The Carolina Panthers announced Thursday theyve signed free agent wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery to a two-year contract, helping rebuild a depleted wide receiving corps. https://www.cheaptwins.com/1242t-gary-ga...-twins.html.com) - Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer were among the third-round winners Friday at the French Open. Bert Blyleven Jersey . -- Martin Kaymer never lost sight of opportunity even amid so much evidence of trouble in the closing stretch Sunday at The Players Championship. Willians Astudillo Twins Jersey . For the Blue Jays the time was Wednesday and the ace was R.A. Dickey. He stepped up. "I feel some responsibility as a stopper from time to time," said Dickey.ERIE, Pa. - Eries top line of Dane Fox, Connor Brown and Connor McDavid combined for six goals and 14 points as the Otters crushed the visiting Windsor Spitfires 9-0 on Sunday in Ontario Hockey League play. Fox scored three goals and now has a league-best 51 goals on the season. Brown had two goals and four assists, which gives him 88 points in 43 contests, and McDavid tacked on a goal and four assists. Spencer Abraham and Andre Burakovsky also scored for the Otters (34-7-2), who are 5-0-1 in their last six outings, while Adam Pelech had four assists. Erie goaltender Oscar Dansk made 26 saves for the shutout. Dalen Kuchmey started in net for the Spitfires (25-16-2), but was pulled after giving up four goals on 12 shots through just over 35 minutes of action. Kuchmey was replaced by Alex Fotinos, who block just 13-of-18 shots he faced in relief. The Otters went 4 for 6 on the power play while Windsor failed to score on five chances with the man advantage. --- STORM 5 RANGERS 0 GUELPH, Ont. -- Brock McGinn scored twice and Justin Nichols made 29 saves as the Storm shutout the Rangers for their third straight victory. Matt Finn, Robby Fabbri and Scott Kosmachuk also scored for Guelph (32-8-3), and Jason Dickinson had three assists. Jordan DeKort made 42 saves for Kitchener (15-25-2). Guelph was 2 for 5 on the power play while the Rangers failed to score on their only chance with the man advantage. --- GREYHOUNDS 5 KNIIGHTS 4 (SO) SAULT STE.dddddddddddd MARIE, Ont. -- Jared McCann scored in regulation and again in a shootout to lift the Greyhounds over London. Bryan Moore had a goal and an assist, while Blake Speers and Patrick Watling scored the other Sault Ste. Marie (29-10-5) goals. Darnell Nurse chipped in with two assists. Max Domi scored twice for the Knights (28-9-5), who have dropped three games in a row, and Bo Horvat and Mitchell Marner rounded out the London offence. Greyhounds goalie Matt Murray made 28 saves while Anthony Stolarz turned aside 30 shots in the losing effort. --- BATTALION 3 FRONTENACS 2 NORTH BAY, Ont. -- Brett McKenzie had a pair of goals as the Battalion held on to defeat Kingston. Matt MacLeod also scored for North Bay (21-17-5), which had a 3-0 lead early in the second period. Roland McKeown and Spencer Watson brought the Frontenacs (24-14-4) within a goal. Jake Smith made 27 saves for the Battalion as Lucas Peressini turned away 27-of-30 shots for Kingston. --- GENERALS 2 WOLVES 1 (SO) SUDBURY, Ont. -- Bradley Latour scored once in regulation and then added the shootout winner as Oshawa slipped past the Wolves. Latour opened the scoring at 4:39 of the third period for the Generals (27-12-4). Dominik Kahun responded for Sudbury (24-10-7) at 13:40 to force overtime. Oshawas Daniel Altshuller made 34 saves for the win as Franky Palazesse turned away 28-of-29 shots for the Wolves. ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713

There was barely a hint of the
co-ordinator Aaron Kromer

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen