New York team,

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 12.09.2019 04:36

TORONTO -- Sepp Blatter appeared at peace. Perhaps it was lingering memories of a chaotic Brazilian World Cup that have FIFAs president so happy to be in Canada. Maybe it was a modestly attended press conference where he faced no questions about bidding corruption, 2018 World Cup host Russias alleged military involvement in Ukraine or labour rights in 2022 host Qatar. Whatever the reason, Canada suits Blatter just fine. So fine in fact that Blatter didnt have to be asked about a possible World Cup in Canada -- he brought it up on his own. "Lets go to see if you can bring the famous FIFAs World Cup we just played in Brazil to your country," he said Monday. "Im sure that this country will be as calm as it is now, and tell me one country in the world actually that is very calm. And here, I feel home." Thats good news for Canadian soccer ahead of the Under-20 Womens World Cup, which begins Tuesday and runs through Aug. 24 in Toronto, Montreal, Edmonton and Moncton, N.B. Canada opens play Tuesday against Ghana in Toronto. The 16-team event is a precursor to next years Womens World Cup, which will move from 16 teams to 24. Blatter called the tournaments a necessary step to a successful bid by the Canadian Soccer Association for the mens tournament. "Its time. Its a project and if youre going to have a project like the FIFA World Cup, it takes some time," he said. "You have had the courage and it was necessary to (CSA president Victor Montagliani) to have the courage to ask, to organize FIFAs Womens World Cup with 24 teams. It will be the first time." The CSA has said it plans to enter a formal bid for the 2026 World Cup. "Were the only G8 country that hasnt hosted a World Cup ...," said Montagliani. "I think weve sort of started to shed our humbleness a little bit ... I think thats our next step of evolution in terms of the growth of the game, and I think something that not only bodes well for our country but also the continent and will help our neighbours as well." None of which actually guarantees Canada will host a World Cup. Canada won the bidding to both womens tournaments in 2011 after its lone opposition, Zimbabwe, pulled out of consideration. Canada previously hosted the mens Under-17 World Cup in 1987 and the mens Under-20 World Cup in 2007, as well as the first womens under-20 tournament in 2002. Theres also the matter of a significant disparity between the womens and mens teams. The womens side, led by star Christine Sinclair of London, Ont., is ranked seventh in the world and recently won bronze at the 2012 London Games. The men are 118th in the world, have only a 1986 World Cup appearance to their credit and are early in a rebuilding process. But Blatter was quick to reminisce about Canadas soccer history. He recalled the decision made in Montreal by the FIFA Congress in 1976 to expel South Africa for its then pro-apartheid stance. He also downplayed Canadas geographic disadvantage as a possible World Cup host. "The distances? What are distances?" he said. "We have just been in Brazil. And you know Brazil is a country with 200 million people, and we have been in three difference zones of climate. If you play in Canada, we will be in the same zone of climate. ... In Brazil we were at the equator. It was hot, humid, sometimes raining." Brazil is already in the past for FIFA. Canada, if Blatter is to be believed, could be in its future if the womens tournaments are a success. "Next year there is no Brazil. Because Brazil is still in the air somewhere," he said. "But next year its not Brazil. Its the under-20 and then (the Womens World Cup). Theres no (other) big competition next year. So lets go." Marvin Bagley III Kings Jersey . Kuper, a fifth-round pick in Denvers 2006 draft, started 79 games at guard over eight seasons. He dislocated his left ankle in the last game of the 2011 regular season, and though he started another seven games after that, he never returned to his previous level. DeMarcus Cousins Jersey . But this time, the Gunners weathered the storm. Arsene Wengers team was on the ropes in the early stages of a lively FA Cup tie, until Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain scored a goal against the run of the play. http://www.nbakingsonline.com/Authentic-...c-Kings-Jersey/. Hazard lasted just 18 minutes in Tuesdays contest before being substituted with the calf problem, and Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho believes he will be without his star winger for at least the next two weeks. Peja Stojakovic Kings Jersey . Sharper briefly appeared in Los Angeles Superior Court, where his arraignment was postponed until Feb. 20 at the request of his lawyers. They issued a statement saying he would be exonerated. Prosecutors then filed a motion to increase Sharpers bail to $10 million and outlined details of investigations involving him in Las Vegas, Tempe, Ariz. Chris Webber Kings Jersey . James Harden wasnt worried and told his coach as much. "He was fired up but I told him: Its OK. Were going to be all right," Harden said. And they were. Houston scored 17 straight points after that timeout, led by 10 from Harden, to take the lead and roll to an easy 129-106 win.EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Rex Ryan saw enough to finally reveal the New York Jets worst-kept secret. Yes, Geno Smith -- and not Michael Vick -- will be the teams starting quarterback this season. "Hes done everything that weve asked," Ryan said after Smith threw a touchdown pass in the Jets 35-24 preseason loss to the Giants on Friday night. Smith had a solid preseason and took about 80 per cent of the snaps with the starters over Vick during training camp, making the announcement a mere formality. But Smith looked every bit like a cool and confident starting quarterback in this one, finishing 9 of 14 for 137 yards, including a 1-yard scoring toss to rookie Jace Amaro. "This is no slight to Mike Vick, believe me," Ryan said. "I wanted to come out of this knowing we had two really good quarterbacks that we can win games with, and I know, in my heart, that we have two we can win with." Smith was given every opportunity this summer to show he has progressed from a shaky rookie season that ended with three wins in the last four games. "I think hes taken off from where he left off," Ryan said. Smith, who threw 12 touchdown passes and 21 interceptions last year, was happy to get the official nod from Ryan. "Its a big deal," he said. "But nothings going to change for me. ... I think I did some good things, but Ive got work to do." Vick, who signed in March and immediately labeled Smith the starter, showed he can still make things happen on offence, too. He also threw for a touchdown with the Jets starters, and the defence mostly shut down Eli Manning before the Giants backups rallied. Vick replaced Smith to start the second half, and after a rough first series in which he was sacked and then lost a fumble, led an 11-play, 76-yard drive that was capped by a go-ahead 3-yard TD toss to Eric Decker against the Giants backups. Vick finished 4 of 5 for 34 yards in his two series against the Giants (4-0). Manning, still adjusting to new co-ordinator Ben McAdoos offence, struggled most of the way but hit Rueben Randle for a 15-yard touchdown with 5 seconds left in the first half. Manning was 12 of 21 for 139 yards, including his first scoring pass of the preseason. "The last drive of the first half was very welcomed, obviously," coach Tom Coughlin said. "We could finally move the ball. Eli made some great plays. I thought we ran the ball well early in the game, but didnt have anything to show for it." Much of Mannings production came on the scoring ddrive, during which he was 7 of 10 for 89 yards.dddddddddddd He came in struggling, going a combined 7 of 16 for 49 yards in the Giants first three games. "We were able to get into a little rhythm and showed what we could do," wide receiver Victor Cruz said. "Its something to build on, no question." After some mild trash talk during the week spiced up the matchup, the Giants victory gave them bragging rights over their stadium co-inhabitants in the MetLife Bowl -- aka, the "Snoopy Bowl." Coughlin received the trophy that features a bronze football-playing Snoopy after the game, as well as $30,000 from MetLife to the teams charity of choice. The Jets (2-1) also received $20,000 for charity. Rookie running back Andre Williams, who fueled some of the hype for the game by saying the Giants are "the real New York team," had a 1-yard touchdown run with 6:12 left that put the Giants up 28-24. Giants backup Ryan Nassib threw three touchdown passes in the second half: 3 yards to Henry Hynoski, 39 yards to Preston Parker and 31 yards to Corey Washington. Nassib finished 8 of 12 for 103 yards. Third-stringer Matt Simms threw an 11-yard scoring pass to Greg Salas to give the Jets a short-lived 24-21 lead with 10:50 remaining. Vick started the second half with the starters and was sacked by Damontre Moore on his first play. He then fumbled a handoff on the next play -- with Moore recovering for the Giants. "I was just going out there and trying to humiliate the opponent in the worst way possible, when I realized it was Michael Vick," Moore said. "I didnt know it was a sack at first, then I realized that I just sacked Michael Vick." Nassib and the Giants took advantage, scoring five plays later on Hynoskis touchdown catch on which he reached over the goal line and touched the pylon. NOTES: Giants LG Geoff Schwartz was carted off the field after dislocating a toe on his right foot in the second quarter. Coughlin said "its pretty serious." WR Marcus Harris (shoulder) and cornerback Zack Bowman (bruised triceps) also left with injuries. ... Jets DB Antonio Allen left in the second quarter with a concussion. The safety was starting at cornerback for the second straight game because of injuries to the secondary. Allen and teammate Demario Davis banged helmets after a 7-yard catch by Jennings. ... Jets G Willie Colon was fined $8,268 by the league for unnecessary roughness against Cincinnati last week. ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713

39 yards to Preston Parker and 3
The skills that he puts on display

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen